Northstar California Winter Experience 20/21TMR Team, November 2, 2020 in Northstar, Winter Experience
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
This season, unrivaled commitment to safety takes on more importance than ever. Northstar is implementing some changes with your safety in mind
COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
Face coverings will be required to access the mountain and Northstar has re-imagined their resort experience to allow for physical distancing.
PASS HOLDER RESERVATIONS
For your safety, on-mountain access will be managed this season. Reservations will be required, and our pass holders will get priority access.
Lift tickets will go on sale Dec. 8 after the pass holders reserve their priority days. Lift tickets will not be sold for the early season, but Epic Day Passes are available now.
For your safety, all transactions across the resort this season will be cashless (unless required by local regulations). This includes hotels, restaurants, Ski& Ride School, activities and all other points of sale. Please bring your credit or debit cards for any in-resort transactions. For the best experience, book online in advance via the resort website
RE-IMAGINING THE ON-MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCE
Chairs & Gondolas
- Face coverings will be required to access the mountain, including in lift lines and while loading, unloading and riding on chairlifts and gondolas.
- To maintain physical distancing on chairlifts and gondolas, the resort will only be seating related parties (guests skiing and riding together), or:
- Two singles seated on opposite sides of a four-person lift
- Two singles or two doubles on opposite sides of a six-person lift.
- Two singles on opposite ends of our larger gondola cabins.
Ski & Ride School
- This winter Northstar will offer group and private children’s lessons with adjustments to emphasize safety for guests and employees.
- Full- and partial-day offerings will vary by resort.
- All ski and ride school classes will have a maximum class size of six. Specifically for 5- and 6-year-olds, the maximum class size will be four.
- Because 3- and 4-year-olds often spend a good portion of their lesson indoors, Northstar will offer this age group one-on-one, one-hour private lessons. This age group is also welcome to join their family in a full- or half-day private lesson.
- Lessons must be purchased in advance and will include your mountain access reservation(s). A pass or lift ticket will be required for classes that requires lift access.
- Face coverings will be required. All ski and ride school participants will be required to complete a pre-arrival self-health screening on the day of their lesson.
- Restaurants will be open, including full-service, sit down restaurants.
- Northstar will be managing capacity at the entrance and spacing out seating indoors and outdoors.
- Face coverings will be required except while eating and drinking.
- At quick-service restaurants, only ready-to-go hot and cold food options will be available in order to accommodate as many people as possible.
- Packaged beer and wine will be available at most locations, but full-service bars will be closed.
- All transactions will be cashless, unless required by local regulation.
- Northstar plans to open all of our owned and operated in-resort ski and snowboard rental locations this season.
- They will manage the number of people in our rental locations in accordance with local regulations and stores will be set up to allow for physical distancing.
- Face coverings will be required at all times.
- Employees will take additional precautions during portions of the process that require close interactions with guests.
- Equipment will be fully sanitized between each guest use.
- Rental delivery services will be expanded.
Enhanced Safety Protocols
- Employees will undergo daily health screenings and receive appropriate training on company protocols and procedures.
- Employees are required to wear face coverings, regularly wash their hands, and stay home if sick.
- High-touch surfaces and restrooms will be frequently cleaned and disinfected with EPA-approved products that kill the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will take place daily in the gondola cabins.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the resort.
Information provided by northstarcalifornia.com