Festival Favorite: Truckee ThursdaysHeather Runge, May 22, 2014 in Activities & Recreation, Summer in Tahoe, Tahoe Favorites
The Truckee/Tahoe region hosts a myriad of annual events. Every Thursday throughout the summer is my favorite area festival, Truckee Thursdays. From 5 – 9pm you’ll experience a street fair, farmer’s market, food trucks, arts and crafts, beer garden, and live music. A wealth of locals and visitors gather in Historic Downtown Truckee, offering local artisans a venue to sell local, handmade products.
I’d like to highlight some of my favorite Truckee Thursday vendors:
• Red Truck: A modern food truck revolution, after 20 years of professional chef experience, chef Larry Abney is loose on the streets with Red Truck serving sustainable organic food with big flavors. Try the Quinoa Bowl with adana pork, my personal favorite
• truckee love. : Truckee local artisan Larissa Martinez creates graphic printed hoodies, stickers, and trucker hats with hand embroidered graphics of Lake Tahoe, and a small embroidered heart at the north side of the lake where Truckee lies
• The Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe: Be a hero and adopt a pet this summer!
• Not to be missed is August 7th’s Beer Garden entertainment, The Shotgun Wedding Quartet, an amazing San Francisco band. Shotgun Wedding has worked hard to produce a unique combination of hip-hop and jazz, with traditional roots
• Many, many more jewelers, artists, designers, and home decor craftsmen!
See the full music lineup here.
I look forward to seeing you downtown Truckee this summer season!